Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wealthy


"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." (2 Nephi 32:3)

Hey let's talk money!  We all love money.  We all want money.  Money gets us everything we want in this world.  With out money we are lost in this world.  But I have some bad news for you.  To be rich you have to work for it.  Sorry, but life is not handed to you on a silver platter with your name in gold.

There are many different kinds of rich.  There are multiple ways to define wealth, some you might have never heard of.  But I want to focus on wealth in knowledge, primarily the wealth you can find in the Scriptures.  Have you ever thought there are hidden treasures in the Scriptures?  If you would have asked me that when I was a early teen, I would have laughed in your face.  But now I've discovered "gold mines", right inside the very pages of the Scriptures.  Now before you start laughing, I want to show you what I have done to reap from these "mines".

I always begin my study with prayer.  There are going to be things I am not going to understand while I am reading.  I can have a dictionary, a computer with Internet, or my parents with me to tell me the answers.  But it will not mean so much to me if someone else told me how it worked.  Often times it may take years to understand one part.  As I am studying, other things that I have learned in all my years will sometimes come back to memory, some that I have not looked at in a long time.  (2 Nephi 28:30.)


A Gold mine from God

Having a study journal helps in our study.  Just like you need a place to store your money in, you should very well have a place to store your thoughts.  Your brain is not enough.  Writing down what you learn, and what your thoughts are, will not only help you learn something, but will help you remember everything.  Thinking about what you are studying helps to.  When you think over it, your able to piece together how it works and what it is used for.  It also increases understanding.  The most important thing is time.  You have to be patient with yourself and what you want.  No one is given knowledge.  It is obtained through hard work.  It's going to be a challenge, but it is most rewarding. Thomas Fuller said, "All things are difficult before they are easy."  You don't know everything yet, but that can all change.  You can be opened to ALL the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.  Just have faith in God and he will grant you your wish according to your desires, as he sees fit.

As you continue to study you'll understand more and be able to tackle bigger questions.  But it all begins with a desire and putting in the effort.  God is not going to give us an understanding right there.  We need to meet him half way and do our part.  I promise that as you diligently study, the doctrine of the kingdom will fall on you like rain.





No comments:

Post a Comment